Parents’/Carers’ commitment to learning
- We believe our child is capable of academic success and achieving their potential.
- We will provide a supportive environment at home that encourages learning.
- We will take an interest in our child’s work, encourage them to take pride in their work and to be the best that they can be.
- We understand that our child will have homework each night. It is our responsibility to see that it is completed.
- We will support any after school ‘catch up’ issued for non-completion of homework. Our child will attend an after-school ‘catch up ‘on the same day or on a subsequent day.
- We understand that our child cannot be excused from ‘catch up’ sessions as this would encourage our child to fall behind with their work.
- We will support our child to attend curriculum trips and visits.
- We will encourage our child to take part in PE, physical activities, after-school clubs and extra-time clubs.
- We will ensure our child arrives in school by 8.30am.
- We will not plan for family holidays or other absences during term time.
- We accept that the school will refer unauthorised absences, which may result in a fine.
- We will make certain that our child attends school every day, except in cases of illness or other legitimate reasons.
- We will schedule routine doctor and dentist appointments outside of school hours.
- If our child is absent, we will contact the school before 8:00 a.m. on the day of the absence to report it.
- We will make sure that our child wears the full school uniform every day.
- We understand that uniform violations will result in the child being expected to wear uniform that is provided for them, being sent home to collect it, uniform being brought in by us or as a last resort, placed in isolation.
- We will support school on all presentation rules such as make-up, hair colour, nails, jewellery, piercings etc.
- We will always make ourselves available to the school by providing an up-to-date phone number.
- We will read all reports, attend all parent meetings and sign our child’s planner each week.
- We will treat all school staff with respect and courtesy at all times.
- We have read and understood the Chipping Norton School Code of Conduct in our child’s planner and we will support sanctions and consequences for breaches of the Code of Conduct.
- We understand that for breaches of the code of conduct or poor behaviour, detentions will occur on the same day or a subsequent day.
- We understand that our child cannot be excused from detentions.
- We understand that if our child commits a serious breach of the code of conduct, we will be expected to come to the school, on the same day, to discuss the matter.
We have agreed and discussed this with my child. We sign this commitment because we believe that Chipping Norton School is a partnership between the parents and the school that exists to create the best possible education for our child.
Online form coming soon